18 February, 2011

My letter to the insaaf called 'Rakhi Sawant'

Dear Rakhi,
How are you doing?
Last week again dragged you into a controversy that I know you didn't want to be a part of. You so wanted all your judgments to go down well but this time it definitely didn't, and the result was for everyone to see. Anyway, Rakhi, I shall reserve my views on this for the latter part of my letter. But first I must tell you how much I have been a fan of yours ever since your 'Pardesia yeh sach hai piya' that DJ Aqueel's remixed video (where you became a saucy nurse!) became a hit. And then, there was Mika's kiss fiasco, which made you even a better hit on the celluloid. Thereafter, there was no looking back for you. You - the Rakhi Sawant was made.
You are a very interesting person, Rakhi. Your so very outspoken but pointless attitude is completely fascinating. I often wonder how well you manage to say the most inane stuff in a manner that would put anybody in the hall of shame. But you are simply superb.
The other day, I was struck by how brilliantly you shoved off all the current affairs questions that were thrown upon you by a leading Hindi news channel.
I mean, frankly Rakhi, I fail to understand, why would they ask you anything that has a distant connection or say, no inclination in you... yes, I empathise with you wholly.
You astounded me when you took one of the most beautiful moments of one's life right on the idiot set and made it an element of entertainment for the public to love, laugh, and hate. You decided to get married LIVE on TV and choose your husband from a flock of participants who would go all in Rakhi Sawant's tune to get your heart forever.
Did it not come to your mind once that all this is a made-up process and perhaps no one has genuine compassion for you, I mean in the Swayamvar - show? Yes, it did occur to you and therefore, to my sheer faith, you didn't get married on the set.
How expected and boring it would have been, had you married the chosen guy as being laid by the Swayamvar producers... I appreciate your idea of not marrying ON-AIR but just the engagement. And anyway, how can you be known for following the anticipated path. Unpredictable, brash, and blunt - are some of your major constituents and you definitely live up to them.
Life gave you a second reality show with your Fiancé Elesh in Pati Patni aur Woh...also, with an instant infant to handle too. After all the intimacy shown between you and Elesh, you made it an official split. Now, that's the spirit, Rakhi. - do and abandon efficiently.
But lately, I have been a little agitated with you. I obviously didn't want you to host a show (Rakhi Ka Insaaf) where you are required to pass judgments. Why Rakhi? I love your item numbers, your frank and blunt words, your plastic sensuality, and sometimes your naive remarks. But to be a judge is definitely not your forte. Don't you think to judge such social issues; you need to have at least a basic knowledge of the judicial system?
Well, may not be a yardstick for the makers of such shows.
I need not dig deep into your life, but you know, you have been so much in the public eye that every minute detail brings up a whole new story about you.
I have always believed that one should remain secure from within first, and, then try bringing a positive change to the society at large. Don't understand how much of that is true to your life.
Indeed, as they say, one is one's best judge.
Waiting to see you in some nice item song, giving tough competition to the Munnis and Sheilas of your time.
But, do a little justice to us, just don't be a judge again in the name of entertainment.
Yours truly,
AB
P.S.
Rakhi, as you see I know a lot about you and your life and can give you honest personal advice. I would like to recommend you to hire me as your PR Consultant. Believe you me, there can't be a better 'Rakhi Ka Insaaf'.
Published on ibnlive.com
Tuesday , November 23, 2010 

4 comments:

exaption said...

Hey AB,
Nice work. I like the satirical tone of your writeup. But I believe that by writing anything whether positive or negative we are only encouraging such symbols of fallen Indian society as Miss Sawant. Our writings only fuel such nuisance.

aB said...

Howdy Ashish?
I know dear that by writing anything negative or positive would mean fuel-ling it further. But then you know that my articles are usually based on these little soft stories - interesting ones that have the aunties in the neighbourhood arena chit-chating about!
Thats all I write about seriously soft stories but spicy write-ups!
Anyway, thanks a ton for reading :)

Yash Aggarwal said...

Hey Gal,

It has been so long since your last blog.. R u bsy with BOOK ???

Connect with me on yash.cupofcoffee@gmail.com

Waiting to read more from u...

Yashaggarwal.blogspot.com

Cheers!!!

Yash

aB said...

Hey Yash! I wish I was busy with BOOKS... but sadly, I am not.
I'll get back to my blog in sometime. Its actually been a while. Will take some time out and start romancing with my blog-space all over again!